This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Traditionally, robes are provided with a zipper or a set of buttons to enable us to wrap them up around the body after wearing. In addition, they are also equipped with belts.
However, it is not uncommon for these belts to either get misplaced, torn or even lost. What then do we do in such instances when we don’t have these belts at hand? That and many other questions would all be answered in due course.
So, What Can I Use Instead Of A Robe Belt? Should your robe belt not be available for whatever reason, you can alternatively use something similar such as:
- A pantyhose
- An oversized T-shirt
- knee-high socks
- Or even leggings.
In order to turn these items into robe belts, you may go through the following steps:
- First, cut two strips of bias tape, about 1 inch wide and 5 inches long.
- Then, fold one bias tape piece in two, pass it in the fold and pin.
- Now, use a seam ripper to open up about 1/2 inch in the side seams of the bathrobe, 6 inches below the armholes.
- Finally, fold a belt loop halfway to match the short end.
- 1 What is a robe belt?
- 2 How long is a robe belt?
- 3 How do you tie a belt on a robe?
- 4 How do you make a belt holder?
- 5 Where can I get a replacement robe belt from?
- 6 Can I make my own robe belt?
- 7 How do I make a belt for a robe?
- 8 What is the belt of a robe called?
- 9 What do I do to secure my robe belt to my robe so that I don’t have to lose them often?
- 10 FAQ
- 11 How do you curl your hair with a robe belt?
- 12 Can you do robe curls with wet hair?
- 13 How long do robe curls last?
- 14 How do you robe curls in short hair?
- 15 Is it better to curl unwashed hair?
- 16 How do I get my curls in 3 days?
- 17 Can you do dressing gown curls with wet hair?
- 18 What Can I Use Instead Of A Robe Belt – Conclusion
What is a robe belt?
A robe belt is a rope-like or ribbon-like strip of long garment around its midsection that is used to secure the garment conveniently around us after wearing.
This belt is placed such that it is easy to either misplace or lose if care is not taken, in which case the robe can hardly be worn securely as it should. Luckily, there are ways to improvise should that happen.
How long is a robe belt?
Well, without mincing words, a standard robe belt should be about 77 inches long. However, there are instances where these belts are either a little shorter than this or even longer, though such variations are mostly negligible in terms of how they impact its functions.
Read Also: What Is The String Inside A Robe For?
How do you tie a belt on a robe?
First, you should bring the robe halfway around your body towards the left side and hold it in place with your left elbow.
Thereafter, hold each end of the outer robe tie with one hand. If you do this perfectly, the tie should lay flat against your body leaving no folds. Then, pass the left tie end over the right tie end, through the loop and pull both ends tightly.
How do you make a belt holder?
To make a belt holder or belt loop, simply perform the steps explained below diligently.
- Fold your strip in half lengthwise before you press them together.
- Then, you should also fold the long raw edges into the centre fold and also press.
- Fold in half once again lengthwise, and press the original centre fold too.
- You should then stitch close to the edge of both the long sides of the strip.
- Finally, cut into 5 loops, each about 3.5 inches long.
Where can I get a replacement robe belt from?
There are many places where you can get a replacement robe belt for sale. Alternatively, you can order for them online through the customer care of their suppliers such as Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress, and many others.
In Nigeria however, you can easily get replacement robe belts from any of the following:
- Women’s clothing store, Mango, Lagos, Nigeria, which opens daily for in-store buying, pick up and delivery.
- Bally stores, Lagos, for all your fashion accessory needs.
You can also make arrangements for your every fashion needs by calling their customer care at all times, the address of which you can easily obtain online.
Read Also: What Do Monks Wear Under Their Robes?
Can I make my own robe belt?
Certainly, you can and through very easy steps as well. However, absolute care must be taken throughout to guard against any error of measurements and stitching.
How do I make a belt for a robe?
To make your own robe belt, use the following steps as a guide:
- First, measure your waist and add about 1/2 inches after that.
- Next, measure the inside of your D ring too.
- Then, cut your fabric inch by inch (X” by Y”).
- Fold under 1/2 ” seam allowance on each side and press together.
- To clean finish the tail end, double fold and press.
- At the end of the loop, fold and press 1/4″ seam allowance, before you stitch in place.
What is the belt of a robe called?
The belt of a robe is called a cincture, which is a rope-like or ribbon-like article worn with certain Christian liturgical vestments, encircling the body around or even above the waist region.
What do I do to secure my robe belt to my robe so that I don’t have to lose them often?
Ideally, there are two major ways you can effectively do this. First, always make sure that your robe belt is tied securely around you after wearing the robe to guard against it slipping out and falling off by making sure that you tie them into firm knots at the right places.
Secondly, whenever you take off the robes after use, make sure that the robe belts are knotted firmly around the robes to prevent the possibility of either misplacing or losing them.
There are robe belts that have slots or belt loops into which they fit snuggly, and whether you are using the robe or not, always ensure that the belts remain in their slots at all times.
How do you curl your hair with a robe belt?
In order to curl your hair with a robe belt, grab your dressing gown and tie it at the top just like you are making it into a little bow, and make sure that it stays nice and tight afterwards. Your hair will stay curled after these procedures.
Can you do robe curls with wet hair?
Yes, you can indeed. Though some hair specialists claim that it can be done without using any hair products, others like Barron are of the opinion that applying a little hair product is likely to give it more staying power.
In any case, if you want to curl wet hair while it is still damp, apply the product and blow it to dry. Then, flip it upside down about midway so that it is not soaking wet, and finally, begin to cool it down. This should do it.
How long do robe curls last?
Robe curls, as should be expected, are at their best and most robust selves on the first day. On the second day, you could pineapple them all through the night.
Despite all these measures, you should still expect them to loosen up a bit on the second day, and by the third day, you should be thinking of doing them again or changing to an entirely different style altogether. In conclusion, robe curls do not last for more than two to three days at the most.
Read Also: Will A Robe Hook Hold A Towel?
How do you robe curls in short hair?
To do this, simply twist it in the opposite direction and then bring it back once again. Repeat the entire procedure again and again for something like three times, while making sure that you don’t lose it in the process. This will suffice to accomplish the procedure of robe curling in short hair.
Is it better to curl unwashed hair?
It is known that dirty hair can hold a curl much better than any squeaky clean or washed hair, and it is likely to save you a lot of prep time too.
So, if your hair feels greasy, begin with dry shampoo. You can use a mousse and heat protectant before you blow-dry it in order to give your hair much more hold than would have been the case. Prepping your hair with a setting spray is also good for locking in your curls and maintaining their appeal too.
Read Also: How Often Should You Replace Your Robe?
How do I get my curls in 3 days?
For you to keep your curls in three days or even more, you should endeavour to try the following steps:
- Curl smaller pieces. For this procedure, about one inch wide chunks of hair will do just fine.
- You should use a curling iron with a smaller barrel.
- Make sure you use dry shampoo.
- The dirtier your hair, the better for you.
- You should also use a hotter curling iron.
- Ensure that you sleep with it above your head.
Can you do dressing gown curls with wet hair?
In other words, how do you get curly hair using only your dressing gown tie? Well, for what it is worth, you can do this hack with wet hair. Therefore, you should either wet or wash your hair first before starting anything at all. This is because damp or wet hair will set around the belt and produce a stronger and better result than dry hair.
What Can I Use Instead Of A Robe Belt – Conclusion
Robe belts are essential if you wish to tie the robe securely around you. However, though they are easily lost or misplaced, it is luckily very easy to either make or purchase replacement belts, whenever you want and wherever you may live.