This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
There is no faster way to commit a fashion blunder than going to work, church, mosque, job interview or other social events in a wrinkled outfit. In this article, I will be looking out the process of removing wrinkles on silk materials. Silks are very delicate materials and unlike cotton can be very difficult to manage. In this post, I will be sharing with you some easy steps you can use to get wrinkles off your silk materials.
So, How Do You Get Wrinkles Out Of Satin Robes? Removing wrinkles from your satin and silk robes is quite easy. First, you will need the following materials: Spray or Tub bottles, Ironing Board, thin towel, Iron, Hanger and a Shower.
- 1 Proven steps to remove wrinkles out of satin robes
- 2 Is it possible to get wrinkles out of your Satin?
- 3 Can you remove wrinkles from SIlk robes with Steam?
- 4 How can you remove wrinkle from satin in the dryer
- 5 Can you unwrinkle satin without ironing?
- 6 Shower out Wrinkles
- 7 How Do You Get Wrinkles Out Of Satin Robes – Conclusion
Proven steps to remove wrinkles out of satin robes
- Step 1: Dampen the fabric completely if it has a heavy wrinkle: You can either soak it in a tub and wring it out or you spray with a spray bottle.
- Step 2: Turn the fabric inside out on an Ironing Board
- Step 3: Place a thin towel on the satin material and iron on a cool setting until the wrinkles release. Note that Satin and Silk burn easily, so you have to be very careful during the Ironing stage.
- Step 4: Turn the fabrics outside out and hang them to dry.
- Step 5: Hang the fabrics on a towel bar or hook while you shower to steam out the remaining wrinkles. Satin materials with only small wrinkles only need steaming and not ironing.
- Step 6: Hang the satin fabrics overnight to allow any lingering wrinkles to release.
Is it possible to get wrinkles out of your Satin?
Yes, it is possible and easy to get wrinkles out of your satin. Although it is not a good practice to expose satin to direct heat, one of the best ways to get wrinkles out of your satin clothes is through ironing. But you can’t iron them by placing iron directly on them the same way you do for cotton and other iron friendly fabrics.
The first thing to do is to turn the garment inside out, reduce your iron temperature to low heat before turning the steam function on. A hot dry iron can burn your satin if you are not careful. Next, place a thin cotton cloth preferably a towel over the satin garment.
This cotton cloth will serve as a shield over the satin fabric and allow you to use the steam function when necessary. Once you have placed the iron friendly material over the satin material, you can iron as you would with any other fabric.
- How Much Does A Bathrobe Weigh? (With Examples)
- Are Bridesmaid Robes Worth It? (4 Bridesmaid Robes Reviewed)
- 5 Best Robes For Airbnb You Should Check Out In 2021
- 5 Best Robes For Hot Tub In Winter To Check Out In 2021
Can you remove wrinkles from SIlk robes with Steam?
Yes, you can steam out steam from your silk robes by following the steps below:
- Step 1: Hang the Silk robe on a hanger or hook inside your bathroom. DO this before your next shower if you intend to remove the wrinkles using the steam from your shower.
- Step 2: Take a shower or run the hot shower for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then close the door and windows of the bathroom to preserve the steam.
- Step 3: Move the silk robe to the closest and allow it to dry overnight. This should be done after you finish taking your shower
- Step 4(optional): Use a handheld Steamer to remove the remaining wrinkles. If there are still wrinkles remaining on the robes, you can use a handheld steamer to take them out.
How can you remove wrinkle from satin in the dryer
If your clothes dryer has a very low to no-heat setting, you can use it to remove your wrinkles by following the simple steps below:
- Step 1: Place the Silk fabrics in the dryer.
- Step 2:Set the dryer to the lowest heat settings or better still to a no-heat setting. The no-heat setting is usually indicated with names such as ‘cool’, ‘No heat’ or ‘Air Fluff’ depending on the make of the dryer.
- Step 3: Frequently examine the dryer to ensure that the silk material is dry and that the wrinkles have been removed.
Can you unwrinkle satin without ironing?
Yes! If you are looking for ways to remove wrinkles from your clothes without an iron, look no further. There is a myriad of clothing care hacks that require far less effort and time than the traditional methods would take. Best yet- it won’t even require a trip to the dry cleaner or cost much money!
Wrinkles are most often caused by improper care, so be sure to take the proper measures when it comes to getting rid of wrinkles.
Wrinkled clothing can come from a variety of sources like leaving clothes in the dryer too long as well as not properly arranging them when you take them out of the dryer. Always ensure your statins are taken out of the dryer before they get too dry and then folded properly; these will minimize wrinkling.
The following are some of the hacks you can use to get wrinkles out of your silk materials without ironing them.
Get a Commercial Wrinkle Remover Spray
Wrinkles can be a pain. Especially when you don’t have an iron on hand or enough time to use one. But, commercial wrinkle remover spray is the easiest way to get rid of wrinkles in a pinch if you’re not feeling up to using your own steam and heat-pressing technique!
Just apply some spray onto the wrinkled garment then shake it out vigorously – voila! The magic that just happened will leave you wowed at how easy this was.
If you are looking for a good commercial wrinkle remover to buy, I will recommend Tom & Sheri’s Plant-Based Wrinkle Release Spray.
Tom and Sheri’s is a new product that allows you to take care of your clothing without ironing. Remove Wrinkles easily, by simply spraying Tom and Sheri’s on the item in question. This conditioner-like liquid relaxes fibres like shampoo does hair, allowing them to be manipulated into its original shape with ease!
Tom and Sherri’smakes it possible for anyone who hates having to spend time after finishing laundry trying to get rid of pesky wrinkles from clothes or other textiles such as blankets, bedsheets etc., but can’t afford an expensive professional dry cleaning service too often.
Shower out Wrinkles
If you find yourself getting ready to head out for the day and realizing your outfit is wrinkled, don’t worry. You can multitask by steaming it out of those wrinkles while showering! Hang up the garment on a hanger in the back of your shower, then turn on hot water (but be careful not to get soap or splash).
If water spots on the fabric are a real concern, you can always keep your clothes hanger out of reach from any potential leaks. Make sure to turn up your shower all the way and let steamy heat fill an already humid room for best results!
Let the water run for about ten minutes so that when you come back to check on it all of your clothes will be steamed out. Just do not forget to close up any open windows and doors in order to keep heat from escaping into the world outside!
Use a Dryer to Get rid of the wrinkles
Place the silk fabrics in the dryer together with a damp, soaking wet towel. This will generate steam and release wrinkles.
A washcloth can serve In place of the towel especially if all you want to achieve is removing wrinkles from one small fabric.
Put the dryer on a high setting for 5 to 10 minutes and make sure you remove the silk as soon as the cycle is complete, else it will get wrinkled again. After removing the silk, place it on a hanger or wear them immediately.
Use a Hair Dryer to blast off the wrinkles
Hairdryers are a magic wand for wrinkle-free clothes. If you’re travelling and don’t have your iron, grab one of these devices to make wrinkles disappear in no time!
First, put the wrinkled item on a hanger before wetting it with just enough water from bottled or tap sources (tap can cause staining). Then use the hairdryer by blasting hot air at an appropriate distance away from your garment until all wrinkles relax.
Turn on the hairdryer and focus the heat onto your most wrinkled sections of clothing. Gently hand-smooth if needed, but never hold too close to fabric or risk burning it!
Use a flat Iron to Smooth out Wrinkles
The appliance you use to straighten your hair is also the perfect device for removing wrinkles. This makes it a lifesaver in situations when you don’t want to risk ruining clothing with an actual steamer or dryer.
Before you turn on your flat iron, make sure that the plates are clean and free of anything else. Even if they don’t look dirty, use rubbing alcohol to wipe off any product before doing anything. Then make sure you set the flat iron to low temperature which is the most appropriate for silk materials.
How Do You Get Wrinkles Out Of Satin Robes – Conclusion
I believe by now you should know all it takes to get wrinkles off your satin wears. Wrinkles can be annoying but with these simple steps which you can do yourself, you can get them out of your silk robes in a matter of minutes.
I would like to get your feedback on the topic discussed. If you have tried any of these methods I shared in this post, I would like to hear about them and please tell me which of them you think is the easiest and quickest. Keep the suggestions and questions coming on the comment box and I will surely respond to every one of them.