This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Clothes are chosen primarily to career effectively for any changes there may be in environmental conditions, such as to wade off cold or to provide you with aeration whenever it is hot.
Consequently, our purchases of garments should be streamlined to assure satisfaction under any prevailing circumstances.
Now, what does one wear in the winter, which is a cold season? We shall look at all the possibilities, as much as time and space will allow in this article.
If you’re in a hurry and just want to grab the Best robes for hot tub in winter quickly, I recommend the below robes. They are my favourite robes overall, based on all the criteria we considered.
- Unisex Terry Bathrobe – Check Price
- Turkish Towels Luxury Terry Cloth Hotel Bathrobe – Check Price
- NY Threads Luxurious Men’s Shawl-Collar Fleece Bathrobes – Check Price
- 1 Best Robes For Hot Tub In Winter – Reviews
- 1.1 1. Unisex Terry Bathrobe
- 1.2 Why you should get one
- 1.3 Cons
- 1.4 2. Turkish Towels Luxury Terry Cloth Hotel Bathrobe
- 1.5 Why you should get one
- 1.6 Cons
- 1.7 3. NY Threads Luxurious Men’s Shawl-Collar Fleece Bathrobes
- 1.8 Why you should get one
- 1.9 Cons
- 1.10 4. Alexander Del Rossa Women’s Plush Fleece Robes with Hood, Long Warm Bathrobes
- 1.11 Why you should get one
- 1.12 Cons
- 1.13 5. EcoLinen LuxuryBathrobe Towel with Slipper Spa Robes
- 2 Best Robes For Hot Tub In Winter – Buyer’s guide
- 3 FAQ
- 4 What do you wear in a hot tub in the winter?
- 5 What type of robe is best for a hot tub?
- 6 How do I keep my hot tub robe warm?
- 7 How do I protect my hot tub in the winter?
- 8 Should you wear a bathing suit in a hot tub?
- 9 How long can you sit in a hot tub?
- 10 How cold is too cold for an outdoor hot tub?
- 11 What is the difference between a hot tub and a jacuzzi?
- 12 Should a hot tub be left on all the time?
- 13 Is it okay to sit in a hot tub every day?
- 14 Can you leave your hot tub out in the winter?
- 15 How do you care for bathrobes?
- 16 Are there any special considerations before selecting a bathrobe?
- 17 Best Robes For Hot Tub In Winter – Conclusion
Best Robes For Hot Tub In Winter – Reviews
1. Unisex Terry Bathrobe
Why you should get one
- Like its predecessor in this article, the Alexander Del Rossa Women’s Plush Fleece Robe, this robe is also made using 100 per cent Lux Combed Cotton.
- In fact, an attestation to their quality is the fact that they are the preferred robes by most five star hotels.
- They also come in all conceivable sizes for everyone.
- Even after purchase, if you are dissatisfied with the product, you can return them for either a full refund or replacement.
- They are hooded and very water-absorbent, as well as soft and durable.
- They are also sewn with deep front pockets for various uses.
- Many people complain that these robes are a little bit too heavy, and their sleeves are also a little too long sometimes.
2. Turkish Towels Luxury Terry Cloth Hotel Bathrobe
Why you should get one
- Like all other reputable bathrobes, these robes are also made from 100 per cent unprocessed Turkish combed cotton, and they are unisex too. This means that they can be used by both men and women alike.
- They are both manually and machine washable too, with a GSM rating of about 550. The deep front pockets are meant for whatever small items you may want to store away.
- In addition, they have a variety of stylish shawl collars and hoods, as well as multiple colours.
- They do not weigh much more than about 3.69 pounds in total, which is very convenient for easy movement even after use. Finally, they are very durable, water absorbent and soft to the skin.
They are said to be a little too heavy with colours that have a tendency to shed easily while washing.
3. NY Threads Luxurious Men’s Shawl-Collar Fleece Bathrobes
Why you should get one
- This bathrobe comes designed in multiple sizes to cater for all body types, such as small, medium, large, and also extra-large too.
- They are generally produced from 100 per cent polyester fabric, which does not need much introduction.
- They are easy to wash either manually or with the use of a washing machine too.
- These robes are equally well designed with both a shawl collar and a hood, which gives them a very stylish appearance.
- Furthermore, they are super soft, which is perfect for relaxation and lounging.
- They have a waist belt by which you can adjust them to fit you and also give a more proper closure to your body.
- In addition, they spot front pockets which you can use for many things.
- They come designed in multiple colours to cater for varying colour preferences among people.
- The robes, for their aesthetics, are good gift items to bridesmaids/friends and other loved ones.
- Despite their outstanding and commendable features, these robes are said, by some customers, not to be very effective in absorbing water from the body after a bath. In addition, they can also get a little too hot sometimes.
4. Alexander Del Rossa Women’s Plush Fleece Robes with Hood, Long Warm Bathrobes
Why you should get one
- Alexander Del Rossa robes are made in all conceivable sizes, such as small, medium, large and extra-large too, as a result, they can perfectly fit all persons just like the Plush Fleece Bathrobes discussed above.
- These robes are also both manually and machine washable easily.
- They are made from 100 per cent polyester fabric, which is renowned for its durability and strength.
- Even after the purchase, if you have any complaints, you have the option of returning them for either a refund or replacement.
- By their aesthetic designs, they are perfect gift items to loved ones and others alike.
- They have a hood and shawl collar to give them a perfect and stylish look at all times.
- They have a GSM rating of about 330 flannel fleece.
- In order to make for a more perfect fit, they have inside ties for more effective closures, regardless of your posture.
Despite everything, they are said to have thinner materials and are also not plush enough. In addition, their colors are said to shed easily while washing.
5. EcoLinen LuxuryBathrobe Towel with Slipper Spa Robes
These robes, like the first one listed here, the NY Threads Luxurious Men’s Robe, is made using 100 per cent terry cloth organic cotton for both men and women. In addition, they are highly water absorbent too. They are also both manually and machine washable, with pockets for your convenience in both storing small items and keeping your hands warm, if necessary.
Best Robes For Hot Tub In Winter – Buyer’s guide
In order to equip yourself for the winter season, some special clothing is definitely needed. Such clothes or robes should, as much as possible, serve to keep you comfortable in the prevailing cold of winter. Consequently, they should:
- Be designed such that your size or body type is adequately catered for by having varieties of small, medium and big sizes.
- Preferably, they should be crafted from either cotton or polyester or indeed any other durable fabrics.
- They should also be easily washable either with a machine or manually, albeit according to the recommendation of the manufacturers.
- Their designs should equally be made as attractive as possible, such as the provision of a shawl collar and hoods.
- They should be super soft, which is perfect for lounging and relaxation.
- They ought to have deep rockets too, which should be strategically located for the concealment of small items of importance, like keys and handphones.
- It is also necessary for them to have waist belts with which you can further adjust them to fit you more properly as well.
- They should also be tailored in different colours, so as to cater for individual preferences too.
- Finally, they should be of such quality to enable them to serve as good gift items to friends or loved ones.
What do you wear in a hot tub in the winter?
Winter seasons are known for their excessive cold. Consequently, clothes with features that will conserve body heat and keep you warm are your items of choice at these times. Therefore, they ought to be carefully chosen for the best results.
Some of the commonest items worn in this season are:
- A hat for both men and women with long hair, which helps to keep the hair dry.
- Facial moisturizers are also highly recommended to keep your skin healthy and fresh against the inclement weather condition of excessive cold in winter times.
- You should also wear either sandals, slippers or indeed any footwear that is good for the occasion.
- Using a cool umbrella is also highly suggested for obvious reasons.
- It would not be out of place to equally take hot drinks, which will undoubtedly help you to wade off or withstand the excessive cold.
- The use of good spa covers is also a very good option too. Spas want their guests to be as comfortable as possible. So, wear non-restrictive garments, such as yoga bottoms, lounge pants, t-shirts, sweatshirts, and hoodies. Trainers and sports shoes are also allowed, but their use should be effectively restricted to mainly dry areas, for reasons of hygiene.
What type of robe is best for a hot tub?
The type of robe that is appropriate for a hot tub is that which will allow you the maximum circulation of cool air to the skin.
Consequently, it is best if you wear any robe that is lightweight with loose knitting. Additionally, you may also opt to wrap the robe loosely around you too.
Other accessories such as a hat or any garments like an undershirt beneath the robe are also not required at these times. Preferably, cotton robes are best for such occasions, since they are cool to the skin and very absorbent as well.
How do I keep my hot tub robe warm?
If you must keep your hot tub robe warm, you may use a towel warmer for that purpose, which is an effective way to go about it, while enjoying your soak in the tub.
Alternatively, you can put the robe in the dryer and store it afterwards in a small insulated box or cooler along with a few microwavable heating pads. This will definitely keep your robe warm effectively.
How do I protect my hot tub in the winter?
There are several measures you can put in place so as to protect your hot tub in the winter to avoid undue damage to it. Some of these measures are:
- You should always drain it of any water and make sure that you refill it before the winter season sets in, so as to prevent the water from freezing in it, which can cause it to expand and burst open.
- To guard against any eventuality, always make sure that you stock up on food, just in case.
- Make sure that you invest in good quality cover cloth that will adequately protect you from the intense cold.
- You should endeavour to always check the water levels regularly, so as to avoid any needless damage to its component parts due to water shortage.
- Be sure that the water in your hot tub is always very clean too, this will further protect your hot tub from any undue damage.
- If your water circulation pump filter is dirty, you will obviously risk severe damage to your hot tub also.
- Make sure that you also prevent your hot tub pipes from freezing by using warmers set at the appropriate temperatures.
- Finally, adhere strictly to all the manufacturer’s recommendations. Otherwise, you will only damage your hot tub from negligence.
Should you wear a bathing suit in a hot tub?
Ideally, you may not really want to use a suit that has been at the lake or ocean, because you do not want to bring mineral substances or even biological agents into your bathtub.
After all, the whole essence of hot tub water care and filtration is primarily to protect and eliminate all unwanted contaminants in the tub. Therefore, you should consider wearing only a dedicated bathing suit for hot tub uses only. All in all, you should always avoid doing any of the following while in a hot tub:
- Never drink alcohol or use any other drug while in the hot tub.
- You should make sure to have a booboo.
- Also, do not use bubble bath as well.
- Kids must not be left alone in the hot tub for fear of any accident due to any misuse associated with childhood exuberance.
- Finally, you should make sure that you do not goof around for any reason too. If you hearken to all these, you are significantly cutting on the accident probability factor.
How long can you sit in a hot tub?
Though how long you stay in a hot tub is basically a personal issue, there is a limit to which you can do that without any risks to yourself. ideally, make sure to time your hot tub sessions to last between 15 to 30 minutes, depending on all the factors at play, such as water temperature. Make sure that you keep it in mind that you can always return to the hot tub if you wish.
How cold is too cold for an outdoor hot tub?
Well, this question is one that requires individual preferences with regard to water temperatures in the hot tub. However, the minimum temperature is within the range of 78.8 degrees Fahrenheit.
You can also set it up for as low as 78 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer, particularly when the hot tub is used to cool off rather than stay warm. The temperature of the water should never exceed about 104 degrees Fahrenheit according to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission.
What is the difference between a hot tub and a jacuzzi?
Though the two names, hot tub and jacuzzi, are used synonymously, it so happens that there are very subtle differences between them.
For one, hot tubs are usually large tubs of hot water that can be used to both relax and entertain, while the jacuzzi, on the other hand, is a trademarked brand of hot tubs and other related products. The jacuzzi is essentially a classic luxury much more than is a hot tub.
Should a hot tub be left on all the time?
Of course, you can leave your hot tub on all the time. Hot tubs are designed such that they can be left on all the time, and as a result, it is much more economical to keep the water hot.
This means that the water should be heated up from cold each time you want to use it. Be that as it may, you can turn off the therapy pumps or jets using the control panel.
This will save electricity, but do not turn off the hot tub circulation pump. As long as there is water in your hot tub, you can always leave the circulation pump running.
Is it okay to sit in a hot tub every day?
It has been established that regular sitting in a hot tub may give you several health benefits, such as muscle relaxation, pain relief, and also improved sleep.
In the event that you develop any complaints from sitting in hot tubs or if you have any heart problems, see your doctor promptly. In addition, you are advised to avoid hot tub sessions if you are pregnant or even if you have any injury to the skin.
It is also alleged that since the water in a hot tub is of higher temperature than your normal body temperature, staying in a hot tub for too long can actually cause you to overheat severely, and as a result experience such symptoms as slight headache, dizziness, or even nausea.
Can you leave your hot tub out in the winter?
If you must leave your hot tub out in the winter, be sure to also leave your filter and the heater on too, but at low temperatures only.
If you happen to leave your Lay-Z-Spa out in the winter without using it, and if the temperature drops low to about 4 degrees Celcius, the water may likely freeze in the pump with possible damage. In order to prevent this from happening, you may use a fitted and properly insulated hot tub cover.
This insulated cover is made specially to tightly fit your spa models, just so as to prevent heat from escaping, thereby reducing your energy costs and keeping the water from freezing too. Since Spa covers are heavy-duty, most can withstand a few inches of snow accumulation before cleaning off.
How do you care for bathrobes?
If you want your robes to last for as long as possible, there are certain precautions to take always. First and foremost, make sure that you do not use any cleaning agents or chemicals in washing them unless they are certified safe for the fabrics by their manufacturers.
Secondly, make sure that you adhere strictly to all the recommendations given by the robe producers. In addition, do not store your robes until you are certain that they are completely dry after washing, and even during storage, do not hang them, but rather fold them neatly.
This is because hanging is very capable of overstretching certain fabrics, which may eventually disfigure them out of shape. Finally, never leave your robes out in the sun for too long, not even when you are open drying them.
Are there any special considerations before selecting a bathrobe?
Whenever you are selecting a bathrobe, just like when you are selecting most other clothes, always look out for certain things or qualities.
For example, enquire about the colours from the suppliers with regards to whether they are likely to shed easily or not.
Durable and reliably coloured robes are bound to come a little more expensive than most others, but in the end, it is worth every dime spent on them.
Depending on the climatic conditions of the place where you live, you may go for thick and relatively heavy robes if you live in a place that is very cold.
Conversely, choose lighter robes for use in places that are comparatively warm or even hot. Finally, choose mainly bathrobes that have accessories for necessary adjustments, so that they can fit your size or body shape.
These accessories include belts and inner ties. There may also be the need to select bathrobes that come with hoodies too.
A hood is important in keeping the head warm when out in the cold or dry after a bath. Finally, make sure that your robe has pockets for the storage and concealment of vital items like keys or mobile phones too.
Best Robes For Hot Tub In Winter – Conclusion
Yes, without any doubt, bathrobes are a must-have in our wardrobes for different reasons. Despite this apparent necessity, it is good to know all the considerations to enable you to make the right choices.
It all basically depends on the weather conditions of where you live and how much you can spend on them. However, whatever may be the case, you are assured of getting that which will serve you well under any circumstances no matter your budget.
You have been regaled on how to make the correct choices, and also how to properly wash and maintain them. If you remember and put all these things into practice, it is assured that you will be better at it in the end.